At Me Spot we take your privacy very seriously. Integrity is one of our core values and we respect the information you share with us. We do not buy in email lists and we certainly do not share our database with any third party for commercial purposes.
What information do we collect?
- Email address.
- Personal details: name, address, contact number, date of birth, emergency contact name and number.
- Medical History in the form of a Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR Q). This is standard industry procedure.
- Travel insurance details (retreats abroad only).
- Photos of participants during an activity.
The amount of information collected will depend on whether you have signed up to use our services. We only collect information that is relevant to your level of commitment with the Me Spot. It is your prerogative to withhold any information should you so desire but please note that this may affect our ability to safeguard your wellbeing.
How do we collect your details
- When you contact us via email.
- In person e.g. at our classes or a local fair.
- When you buy into any of our services. The amount of information collected depends on, and will always be relevant to, the type of service.
How do we use it?
- To ensure we deliver services that are safe and effective.
- To provide you with information you have requested.
- To provide you with information that may be of interest.
- To update you on events and classes that may be useful to your health and wellbeing.
Who is responsible for managing my information?
- Me Spot directors.
- Our website designers.
- Third parties such as MailChimp (our emailing platform).
Who will you share my information with?
- We only share personal information where it is essential for you wellbeing and safety (e.g. giving details of previous injuries or medical history to our class teachers) or, where it is essential for the maintenance of our systems (e.g. our website or technical support).
- Should other Me Spot clients ask for your details, we will always ask for your permission first.
How and where do you store my information?
- Paper copies kept in a locked cabinet that requires a code to open in an office that requires a security key fob to enter.
- Digitally — some information is held on a computer that is password protected and only used by the Me Spot director and occasionally the third parties listed in point (4) above.
- On external sites primarily MailChimp (email address only).
How long is the information stored?
- We store information for as long as is necessary to provide the services in which you have participated or shown interest. As a health and wellbeing business, there is no specific end date as participation can often ebb and flow and the door is always open for you to return!
- If however, you actively no longer want to hear from us or would like us to delete any information we may be holding, please feel free to email us at any stage (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will update our records accordingly.
What are my rights in relation to the information you hold?
Do feel free to contact us at any time if you would like:
- To know what information we hold if any and/or request a copy where relevant.
- To update or amend any of your details.
- For us to stop contacting you. All our emails have the option to unsubscribe at any time or alternatively just drop us a mail at email@example.com. It is in our interests that our database is as up to date as possible so that we are reaching those who would like to hear from us. If this no longer applies to you, we would be very happy for you to let us know.
How do you delete personal data if requested to do so?
- Hard copies will be shredded.
- Digital data will be permanently deleted.
Links to other websitesOur website, blog and emails may contain external links to other websites. If you choose to click through and visit those websites, please refer to their individual privacy policies as they may be different from ours.
Phone calls and record keeping
- We do not record our phone calls.
- We do keep notes of our personal training sessions to ensure that any relevant information is documented.
Privacy Notice updatesWe regularly review our privacy notice and will update the website accordingly.
Join the Me Spot ladies
For the latest News & updates…
Me Spot is a one-stop-shop to looking and feeling fantastic inside and out. If you would like to hear more about what we do and receive the latest hints and tips, join hundreds of like-minded women and sign up to our mailing list. We'll see you soon!